Friday, May 1, 2015

Currently.


Trader Joe's has the BEST flowers.

I am currently...
 
....eating new things! I recently tried a raw, vegan restaurant near my house and LOVED it. My mom gifted me a subscription to Conscious Box and I was able to try almond chocolate spread and a kale chocolate bar. I'm trying to open myself up to new things healthwise and so far it's working out well. Even though I am trying new things, I also find myself eating my favorite things over and over (I'm such a creature of habit). Dinner is usually a big steamed sweet potato, a nice scoop of spicy hummus, steamed broccoli. Breakfast is a green smoothie. Sometimes rituals and habits are just super comforting (and easy), you know?
...making lots of progress around the house. Last week I made a goal to do at least one small cleaning/organizing project every day (more if I have time). I feel like after having the baby I let the whole house go, understandably so. It's starting to feel a bit overwhelming so my end goal is just to get the whole house organized and clean and get rid of some junk. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there. Emphasis on slowly.

...listening to all the Jenny Lewis! I'm seeing her live for the first time in a few weeks and I am so excited. I will probably cry and scream like a Beatles fangirl back in the day.
...reading  all the research on teething solutions. Poor little Robot started teething earlier this week and it stinks! I have tried everything to bring him some relief.

...watching something new on Netflix, hopefully! My cousin/sister/BFF Samantha and I recently started watching Hart of Dixie "together" (meaning we obsessively IMed while we each watched episodes at our house). After a cheesy but strong start, I quickly fell out of love with Dr. Zoe Hart. The lack of character development and flat plot lines kind of zapped my urge to binge watch this one. We're looking for a new show to obsess over and thinking about Revenge.
...loving myself. On 4/20 (LOL) I realized I had exactly six months until I turn 30. I made a resolution to just love myself and my life. I'm being better to my body physically and mentally--eating more greens and thinking less mean things about this bod o' mine. I had fallen a bit out of love with our house in the last few months so I took on some projects to reignite my passion for this space. Love, love all around.
 
 ...looking forward to a lot! This is going to be a busy, busy month with two concerts, Rowan's baptism and a small family party afterward, little get togethers, and lots of great work projects.
Have a great weekend!

If you also partake in Currently posts, please link up in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.