Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Fresh Month/Fresh Outlook.





Happy July! I'm usually not this person but, dang, how is it already July?

I'm excited to start a new month. After months of an emotional heaviness--feeling overworked, a bit lonely, stressed, and twisty about some relationships in my life--I feel lighter. 

The closer I inch toward my thirties, the more emphasis I find myself placing on my own happiness. I'm becoming more assertive with my feelings to fix problems. After months of working from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed, I have made a decision to make things manageable. It's okay to say no to things. It's okay to say my plate is full. It's okay to create a healthy work-life balance despite years of being trained to put work first. My name is Sarah and I am a recovering workaholic. After some issues with friendships, I uncharacteristically sat down to have tough conversations and move forward. I'm quitting toxic habits and people. It's weird getting older.

I spent June making a lot of positive headway in my life. I ran three races, repaired friendships, took a good look at what I want in my career and built framework to get there. It's a new priority of mine to  keep myself top of mind and focus on my happiness.

Here's to July, I'm ready for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.