Monday, October 13, 2014

Shower 'Cap.


I've been looking forward to our baby shower for months now. It's been one of those things that I couldn't imagine would be real and I so badly wanted to celebrate our babe.
 
The last weekend of September my mom and some of my favorite ladies (including my cousin-like-a-sister) threw us the very best, super fun and relaxed, Muppetational baby shower at a nature center near our house. We got spoiled rotten, ate delicious (all vegetarian!) food, and got to spend time with a bunch of ladies (and some dudes, too) that we love.  There was a crazy awesome photo booth cart and minimal games (per my request, only voting who baby will look like and some sweet cards for people to fill out...no smelling chocolate filled diapers here!).

My family is kind of the best because they will go crazy with details (ahem, like steaming images of Muppets onto plastic plates and using glitter glue to make fancy dots on the disposable utensils) and they make big events like this super special. We had such a great afternoon celebrating Babysaurus and it made everything so REAL! 

Some photos of our big day:

Little frog footprints that led right to my chair!

 So many delicious desserts!

 A onesie banner made by my mom's students and goody bags filled with amazing popcorn.

 Aforementioned awesome photo booth cart.

 The gift table with that amazing (homemade) glitter banner.

 A tricked out tricycle--a gift from my dad that he picked out all by himself (and waxed)!

 I never realize how giant my bump is until I see it in pictures.

 Best. Outfit. Ever.

 A quilt made by Rhyno's mom, very befitting of our little Babysaurus. 

 Amazing centerpieces with bright flowers and stuffed Muppets (which are now hanging around Babysaurus' room waiting for their buddy to arrive). 

 Sweet details everywhere--cosmos from my late aunt's garden to keep her spirit there. Yes, this made me burst into tears. 

 Guess who baby looks like! I won the vote there. :)

 Parents and grandparents-to-be!

 Two of my very favorite littles who helped me with opening gifts and were super adorable.
 
 Photobooth cart madness....my dad was really rocking this photo, no?

 My parents are adorable.

 Some of my favorite friends (do you love that the two lovely gals on the right match our balloons?)

I love these ladies.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped give us the best shower ever! And to those that took so many photos since I forgot to take even one!

Today is officially TWO WEEKS until baby is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.