Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bird's Nest Cupcakes.

Happy Easter!
 
Even if it was Sunday...I'm a bit late but thought I'd share what I (literally) brought to the table for Easter Sunday: Cupcakes! Shocking as I co-own Bite. Cupcakes and am addicted to making a sugary mess in my kitchen once a week. Can I say one of the best parts of any holiday is the food? Holy deliciousness, Batman.
 
I don't like to make the same cupcakes for the same people twice (unless requested). Last year I did a deconstructed Cabury Crème Egg with homemade filling and a Peep 'cake that was filled with melted Peep chicks. This year I steered clear of the seasonal candy aisle in favor of something a bit more Spring-y.
 
I had come across salted caramel "bird's nest" cookies on Pinterest and new they'd make a great cake topper. I kept the actual cake simple (chocolate cake with green-colored vanilla frosting) to keep the focus on the cookie--they were a hit! I loved the way they turned out and they were so simple to make.
 
 
 
What treats do you bring to family holidays?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.