Monday, February 10, 2014

What's (home) Cookin', Good Lookin'?

I am about to blow your mind: guess who has come to crave home cooked meals instead of fast food or lunches out? This moi.

I mentioned here that in our quest to get healthy, Rhyno and I have been trying to eat more meals at home. We've been trying to give new recipes a shot and update our old favorites (like buttered noodles) to make them a little lighter (gluten free noodles, subbing a smidge of olive oil for butter, and adding TONS of veggies). 

In addition to the delicious sweet potato cakes we made last week we also enjoyed...

 Gardein "turkey" cutlets with gravy, steamed veggies, and sweet n' spicy mashed sweet potatoes.

Personal quinoa taco casseroles and, shockingly enough, a big side of steamed broccoli. 

In the upcoming week I have even more homemade dinners planned (like fajitas, gluten free spaghetti, and a squash stir-fry). Admittedly, it does take a little extra effort since I've been trying to be religiously tracking every single bite on MyFitnessPal but it's been so worth it. I do find that keeping a variety on our dinner board can be tough (especially since I'm a vegetarian who is trying to go completely dairy free and Rhyno is a Type 1 Diabetic). Pinterest is a life-saver when it comes to trying to drum up 7 different dinners every single dang week. It's also been helping me to bookmark recipes I see on blogs throughout the week and flip through my giant stack of cookbooks while I drink my coffee in the morning.

What's your favorite healthy and home-cooked dinner? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.