Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sick Day.

Things are a bit quiet around here because...I am SICK! (Did you think I was going to say I had the baby early?)


Monday morning I woke up feeling a little "off" and then quickly realized it was a head cold. My baby shower is on Sunday so I am anxious to get healthy quickly! I'm avoiding all cold medicines because I'm positive they aren't good for bebe so natural remedies have taken over my life. I've been drinking lots of green juices/smoothies, hot water with lemon, pregnancy tea with honey, taking my vitamins, and I'm BFFs with my neti pot. 

I've been trying to sleep more than usual (darn pregnancy insomnia isn't really helping with that) and have been making dinners with LOADS of garlic and bell peppers. When I can't sleep, I'm trying to rest. Usually when I'm sick I push myself too hard and then take longer to recover. I have a to-do list a mile long but have been trying to ignore it and just lay down with a glass of OJ and pile of tissues.

Here's to crossed fingers that I am back to 100% by this weekend, I've been looking forward to my shower for months!

What are your go-to natural remedies when you're sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.