Monday, March 17, 2014

Acts of Kindness & Good Things.


The last week has been a whirlwind of sorts. Dealing with a family issue and a terrifying emergency room trip for myself on Saturday night...life is just rough sometimes.

In a cranky mood the other day and upset about a myriad of things, I found myself fuming about the people who know things that I am going through and don't bother to reach out--you can call it selfish if you like. Friends who don't ask how things are going or if there's anything they can do though I would and have done the same for them. I wound up telling Rhyno that once life was settled again I was, "taking an axe to the people who don't give a shit and cutting them out of my life."

I am incredibly level-headed like that, especially when I'm Incredible Hulk-ing out.

It's easy, especially in times of high stress, to focus on the people that DON'T reach out. The people that DON'T ask how things are going. The people who, whether they realize it or not, show that they just don't care. I get that your life is busy, so is mine, but a text takes like ten seconds. Believe me, I wallowed in these muddy thoughts for a few hours before my mom told me to focus on the other half. For every asshole, there is someone amazing. There is my best friend who make vegan freezer meals for my family, my coworkers who text and IM to ask how things are, my bosses who are constantly supportive and understanding, the friends who reach out just to make me laugh, my family who is just the all-around best. In learning to better focus on the good in life, I also have to focus on the good people. 

How do you handle negative influences in your life or absentee friends?

Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you get hammered or eat cabbage or whatever it is you like to do to celebrate. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.