Monday, March 10, 2014

The Week Ahead.

My flowers a.k.a. my weekly love letter to myself/reminder that life is kind of gorgeous.

The week ahead promises to be a rough one, some big personal things going on that I'm very nervous about and leaving home for a few days to take care of some things (which means leaving my Rhyno with his broken wing to fend for himself).

I don't enjoy being vague, mostly because it really butters my toast when other people are, but the stories aren't really mine to tell. Just please oh please send me and my family a quick air hug--I promise I'll send one back. 

Life throws you curve balls and it's easy to begin believing there is a black cloud following you around (I succumbed to that thinking for most of 2013) but my outlook is changing, albeit with a lot of effort, and I'm trying to glue those rose-colored glasses to my face, see the flower in the vase not the dust on the table, all that. Even in the midst of a storm or worrisome times there is joy to be had and life to be loved. Last year I would have let this week send me into a pit of french fries, tears, wine, and self-pity. This year I've printed out simple stress-reducing yoga moves to do anywhere, upped my water intake (I swear hydration makes me a happier person), and am carrying around my very old copy of Taxi Driver Wisdom because it makes me smile. 

Have a good week!

1 comment:

You look so pretty today.