Monday, November 4, 2013

Hot Diggity Dog!

I think I have an addiction to signing up for 5Ks. I have this idea upon sign-up that the day will come and I'll be SO ready and then reality sets in and I break down (um, hey, Diva Dash).
 
My parents, cousin Samantha, and I signed up for the Hot Chocolate 5K over summer and I had every intention of running 6 times a week to train. Spoiler alert: I didn't.
 
But, guess what, thanks to taking things at my own pace, wearing a silly costume, and good company I had a blast during the race even if I didn't complete the course in 25 minutes like some of  those super fit runners surrounding me. I spent the day before stomping through the city with my parents and then spent the actual race going at my own pace--I wasn't pushing to keep up with anyone or beat any certain time. My parents ran ahead and Sam & I kept our own pace--I've FINALLY unlocked the secret to actually enjoying 5Ks: go however fast you can go, don't worry about who is ahead or who is behind. Oh, wear a hot dog suit if you happen to have one lying around. It's fun to be ridiculous.
 
Some photos from the day...
 


 
All in all, it was a blast! Lots of hot dog suit-induced laughs, drinks at the bar the night before with my dad, perfect weather, and crazy good chocolate fondue at the finish line. I would definitely run for chocolate in 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.