Thursday, July 18, 2013

Belly Laughin'.

I love to laugh. You do too, right? I thought you did. If you don't like laughing then you are probably a pet rock or a terrorist or a liar.
 
Touching on yesterday's post, I have felt a bit of chaos and disorder in my universe in the last week-ish. This can be a nightmare for someone who thrives on organization and a schedule such as myself but, like I mentioned, I'm learning to lean into the swerve and accept things as they are and enjoy them best I can. I am organizing the disorder piece by piece and quieting the chaos as it allows.
 
One way I quiet the chaos? Watching all the funny things and laughing hysterically. For example, I'm a sucker for Aziz Ansari and over the weekend I watched both of his stand-up specials. I laughed my ass off the whole time and put me in such a good mood.

Some of my other go-tos for a jolt of insta-funny and a guaranteed mood boost:

 
I stumbled upon Grace Helbig's YouTube channel a couple of years ago and immediately fell in love. I typically catch up on all the videos while eating breakfast on Saturday mornings. She is dry and funny and adorable (she also has 700+ videos in archives so you have quite a bit to choose from when you need a chuckle or five).
 
 
Much like Daily Grace, her friend Mamrie Hart's YouTube channel never fails to make me laugh (and each video has a built in drinking game!). Honestly, if she posted every day I'd be happy as a clam. Mamrie is hilarious and makes some delicious looking cocktails (I've yet to actually make one but I think I'll add it to my to-do list).
 
 
Twitter is full of hilarious people (and some people who just think they are hilarious like I do). Some of my favorites are @mindykaling, @bjnovak, @kellyoxford, @jennyslate25, @jennyandteets2, and @dysalexia. I love following hilarious people!

 
Television & Books
 
I love TV and I have zip-zap-zero shame about it. I have a ton of favorite comedies that always make me laugh. To name a few: I Love Lucy, Ugly Betty, Friends, the Mindy Project, Parks & Rec, The Office (mostly the Michael Scott years), Modern Family, The Middle, and (embarrassingly enough if I was embarrassed about these types of things) Snooki & J-Woww. I just kind of think Snooki is funny and endearing in a bizarre way, plus she says very off the wall things. I think I have pretty good taste in a lot of things and I read A LOT so I feel like that helps balance out this one trashy TV pleasure.
 
If a book makes me laugh, it'll hold my heart forever and I will re-read it whenever possible. Some of my favorite funny authors include: Susan J. Gilman, Mindy Kaling, David Sedaris, Cynthia Kaplan, and Sloane Crosley. See a pattern? Funny short stories, that's my jam all day every day.

On our honeymoon...yes, he got his face painted...

Rhyno (and a bunch of other hotties, too)
This dude is a living cartoon character in the best way. I frequently post bits of his wisdom in Life with Rhyno Facebook posts, I have seriously considered compiling them into a book because they are hysterical and somewhat demented. Oh, you demand an example? Life with Rhyno. 10:24am Me: "Hey, come look at the albino squirrel in the back yard." Ryan: "Ooooh! I need to grab my glasses first! Ooooh! I feel like I'm in Narnia!"

I also only have friends who are really super funny, come from a high-larious set of people, AND I work with some of the funniest, goofiest gals I've ever met.
 
What always makes you laugh your butt off?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.