Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Feelin' Peachy.

"Grandma got some fresh peaches, when you go over there today she'll give you a few." Rhyno's mom. 


Turns out a "few" peaches actually meant a TON! Rhyno went to his Grandma's and returned with a bucket full of summery fruit goodness. I always think of that Dita Von Teese quote, "You can be the ripest, juiciest peach and there will always be someone who hates peaches." Ugh. I love her. Anywho!


I love fruit. Dang you, naturally sugary goodness! As much as I love a good peach, I knew we wouldn't burn through the entire bucket without a few going bad. I went to bed thinking of fun recipes I could make and when I woke up Rhyno had left a print out of this Mr. Food recipe on the counter. Hint taken!


I had picked up a package of fresh blueberries from the local farmer's market last week so I switched out raspberries for blueberries--honestly I probably would've done that anyhow because Rhyno is a blueberry fiend! He would eat them in everything if he could. 


Let's discuss how delicious this made my kitchen smell while it was baking--peaches, oats, brown sugar. SO DELICIOUS! End of discussion.


I think next time I make this recipe, and there will be a next time, I will drain the fruit before putting it in the baking dish. My crumble was a bit soggy. I don't know that Rhyno noticed though because he inhaled the piece I cut for him and asked if I could toss some in a Tupperware for his lunch...and then he got seconds. 


What's your favorite peach-centric recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.