Friday, August 9, 2013

I Still Believe in 398.2.

Have you seen this necklace on Etsy? I am so in love, I asked for it for my birthday. Know what else I love? The library. For realz. Keep your Kindles and iPads, I want all the paper books the library has to offer.


A few months ago Rhyno and I decided to find our local library and get some cards just in case we ever felt like using them. Seriously, neither of us has an e-reader...so weird, right? Well, well weren't we surprised when the library turned out to be about five minutes from our house! I still need to get in the habit of riding my bike instead of driving there. In the last two months I've been visiting the library at least once every two weeks. It's become a ritual I look forward to--searching for the newest book I've heard about, combing the racks for an unheard of treasure, and getting that email that the book I requested has arrived (after a month I'm still waiting for Kelly Oxford's Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar). I've been devouring about two books a week and I am SO happy. I forgot how much I loved to read (probably a reason that I was an English major, huh?). 

My tastes vary from hilarious short stories to social awareness reads to memoirs. I recently ate up Jodie Sweetin's memoir Unsweetined in a matter of hours. Yes, I am a Full House lover forever and ever, amen. The book was interesting, if not a total guilty pleasure. Rhyno woke up at 2am and said, "Are you STILL reading that thing." Yes. Yes, I was. Like I mentioned earlier this week I'm working on Hungry for Change now and then onto Jillian Michaels' Slim for Life (just to see what the hype is all about).

What was the last great book you read? I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.