Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weight Loss So Far.

via

Remember that time I started blogging about weight loss? Don't worry, I'm still working on it. I made a promise to myself with my first post to be very honest about my journey. I wish it was easier to just start sucking down coconut water and stop eating pizza. Truth is that weight issues run deeper than just what you're eating.

In the spirit of being truthful, I gained five pounds as of my weigh-in on Monday (I only weigh myself on Monday mornings to keep myself from being obsessive).

Since July 1st, 2013...
Pounds down: 7
Pounds to go: 94
Last week was a hard week. Rhyno and I knew we were saying goodbye to Tasha and that included lots of dinners of pizza, pasta, and sugars. Not to mention the wine...oh, the wine! I am keeping it real when I say I am an emotional eater in every sense. When I am happy? Champagne and cake! When I am sad? Champagne and cake! When I am mad? Champagne and cake! It's embarassing to admit, but it's all part of the journey, right? I am working on my emotional binges in order to get healthy.

Since my kind of depressing but expected weight gain, I decided to rid my house of trigger foods--those foods that I can't just have a little bit of. For me this includes most chocolate-y sweets, chips, hummus, white pasta, and cheese. I can't just have a bite of these things, especially when I'm emotional, and I'm learning to recognize that. I got rid of all of the trigger foods in our fridge and pantry and bar. I've also made a vow to myself that when I am lonely or sad or angry I will try to look for healthier alternatives to my usual favorites (think a serving of Yonanas instead of Ben & Jerry's or homemade black bean tacos instead of Taco Bell garbage or a mug of really good peppermint tea instead of a glass of pinot grigio). It really is a journey, folks.

What do you do to curb binges or emotional eating?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.