Monday, August 26, 2013

In Praise of Rhyno.

The very first print of the first photo I ever took of Rhyno (2006).

Last week Rhyno finally came home from a three-week work stint in Colorado! (You had no idea, right? I'm awesome at keeping secrets.). I am so thankful for this man. He works so hard for our tiny family and I missed his guts so much while he was gone. 

I've been thinking so much about "meetings" lately (more on that in another post). I can remember exactly meeting Rhyno for the first time. He was in a relationship and ignored my existence and me? I was in teal tuxedo shorts and black high heels and kind of hot (it was 2005 and I was rocking it). He didn't pay much attention to me but I was so smitten.  I told my best friend at the time, "Hey, I met the dude who is gonna be my husband today."

I am thankful every single day for this weirdo. He supports me through every crazy turn of life and change of friendship. If I woke up tomorrow saying, "I want to be a vampire ballerina princess" (my childhood dream), he'd say, "Cool. Do it."He is chill and amazing and let's me just do whatever the eff I want. I missed his guts so much while he was in Colorado and when he came home his first words were, "Dude! You look beautiful!" I couldn't ask for a better best friend.

I love you so, Rhyno Guffey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.