Friday, September 13, 2013

Birthdays Should Be a Week Long.

My Rhyno is turning 31 one week from today! I believe in celebrating the whole ding dang week so I'm going to do just that.

Love. His. Guts.

My family has always celebrated Birthday Week. Nothing huge, but you get to boss everyone else around for seven days and you get special treatment (growing up it was no chores and you get to pick dinner). The only catch is you have to remember to announce it is Birthday Week one exact week before your big day and no one can remind you. If you forget, you forget. Rhyno forgets this every single year. Like clockwork, the night before his birthday will come and he rues the day he forgot to say it was his Week.

Surprise breakfast in bed!
Last year was a pretty big deal (30, am I right?) so I threw him a big birthday/housewarming party. This year is tricky though because it's not the big milestone but I am a birthday-aholic so I want to celebrate the crap out of it. I decided to be kind and remind him of his Birthday Week and give him one surprise and one gift every day until his big 3-1. Today was day one so I gave him a silly gift (a ninja Post-It holder for his desk) and brought him a nice, hot, surprise breakfast in bed. I will admit, this is hard on a weekday because he has to get up so early to get to work. I had to set my alarm on vibrate (so he wouldn't stir) and then sleep holding my phone! Luckily, it worked. I got up at 4:30am and made him low sugar-gluten free blueberry waffles with no sugar syrup and light butter with hot tea and ice cold water on the side. Sheesh. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.