Thursday, September 12, 2013

MasterChef Party.

So, I am pretty much obsessed with Gordon Ramsey's MasterChef. Rhyno and I just happened to catch it as it premiered four seasons ago and have been hooked ever since. This year was especially tense since my two favorites (James and Bri!) were eliminated too soon but I was deeply rooting against the sore loser Natasha.

Luca, forever. I love me some underdog.

My cousin-like-a-sister Samantha (who is also an MC fanatic) and I decided to have our own Mystery Box Challenge to celebrate the MasterChef finale. We included her momma and each of us would receive 5 different ingredients to make into a dish.


My ingredients (sent by my Aunt Julie)? Bacon, a baguette, rum extract, apples, and sweet potatoes. I immediately decided to do a dessert bruschetta (or as Italian Luca would say "bru-CHETT!"). I toasted my baguette with a homemade rum butter and cinnamon-sugar topping. I candied bacon, pan-fried apples, and made a sweet potato sauce to create the bruschetta experience. 

My plating. I do not hide my allegiance.


Sam's: A delicious tofu stir-fry
A.J.'s: Rice balls and mango salsa with fried chopsticks.

I won plating but A.J. wound up winning the taste competition. But, happily enough, Luca won the whole she-bang!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.