Friday, December 20, 2013

Everything is Illuminated.

Happy Friday, ya hot babe!
 
Last weekend my parents, Rhyno, and I headed to the Morton Arboretum's Illumination. I love the Arboretum. Years ago Rhyno and I spent a Saturday there and decided that was THE place we wanted to get married...then we saw the prices. Aye carumba! Since we don't crap gold and neither of us was on the verge of winning the lottery we ultimately decided against the Arboretum as our wedding venue but it's still one of my favorite places to spend a few hours.
 
WARNING: Some of these photos are blurry because I was freezing my buns off. Also, someday I'll have a cool camera that takes cool photos.

We started with lunch at our house so that my parents could check out our holiday decorations. A cheese and sausage plate (complete with a port wine cheese ball and a swiss almond ball), various crackers, strawberries, fruit dip, candy cane chocolate chip cookies, and a cream of potato soup from scratch with the fixins (not pictured because I'm the worst, guys).

After lunch and playing in the snow with Violet, we headed to the Arboretum (I forgot my phone at home and it was oddly freeing). Look at that moon! And those trees! And those lights! P.S. It was freaking freezing. Don't believe me? See below.

A thermal, a t-shirt, a hoodie, a coat, gloves with hand warmers in them, a scarf, ear muffs, and a hood. FREEZING!

Hello, how precious are my parents? I love their guts.

Rhyno fell in love with the spotlights and is determined to get some for the many trees on our lot.

Just a sign, you know.

These tree lights were controlled by music--you sang into a microphone and the lights changed colors and danced around. It was SO cool.
 
Though I didn't get nearly as many photos as I wanted to (thanks for dying on me, camera battery!) I thought it was such a cool display--I'm a sucker for colored lights and nature! Though we were freezing, we all agreed that we'd definitely come back next year. What a fantastic idea to utilize such a beautiful space in winter.
 
Have you checked out Illumination yet?
 
P.S. Can you even believe Christmas is next week? Sheesh! Where does the time go?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.