Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye, 2013.

 
I've made it no secret that I am crazy DONE with 2013. Though there were positive points, the past year was very difficult--emotionally, financially, physically, professionally, etc. It felt like it was just punch after punch. Long story short? BRING ON 2014! I am so optimistic that 2014 will be a year of change and everything wonderful.
 
So, with 2013 nearly in the rearview mirror, this year in quick review (real talk: the beginning of the year's specifics are less clear because I wasn't blogging again yet).
 
JANUARY
We rang in the New Year with a pajama party with our BFFs. Rhyno had shoulder surgery and was out of work or a few months.
 
FEBRUARY
We celebrated a low-key Valentine's Day at home.
 
MARCH
My family's dog, Banana, died. My dad had a birthday. We celebrated St. Patrick's day with tons of corned beef (for Rhyno) and beer (for both of us).
 
APRIL
We paid taxes--it was my first year as a full time freelancer doing so and holy hell, it kicked our savings account in the nuts. Our dog, Tasha's, health began to slowly decline. I began planning my first really big event for work and I did awesome.
 
MAY
My hours were severely cut at work. Rhyno went back to work.
 
JUNE
I completed the Warrior Dash and Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I signed up for both events in 2014.
 
JULY
I saw She & Him. We celebrated the Fourth of July with our BFFs. We hit the seven year mark. My mom celebrated her birthday.
 
AUGUST
Man, this was a rough one. Our beloved Tasha passed away. My business partner/best friend and I lost a dang cupcake contest. Rhyno was in Colorado for a long ass work trip.
 
SEPTEMBER
We went to a MasterChef party with some of our favorite people. Rhyno turned 31. We welcomed Violet into our little family. She thanked us for adopting her by breaking my laptop.
 
OCTOBER
This was a good one. I started freelancing a bit more. We saw Rhyno's favorite band live as a birthday gift. I turned 28. We celebrated 3 years of marriage. My sister had a birthday. We met the amazing Nick Offerman. And Halloween was rad.
 
NOVEMBER
I ran the Hot Chocolate 5K in a hot dog suit. Our basement flooded while I was under the weather. I practiced Thankful Thursdays. We received some devastating family health news. My Charlie-Bear had his first sleepover at our house. Thanksgiving was crazy delicious.
 
DECEMBER
The pajama party Progressive Dinner was full of laughter and fun. Violet and I were snow bunnies. We joined my parents for a night at the Morton Arboretum Illumination. Christmas was joyous. I purged, cleaned, and redecorated the house. I got some great work news.
 
Bring it on, 2014! Happy New Year's Eve!


1 comment:

  1. 2014 is going to be the best yet! Love you much, chickadee! Love our daily chats & doing life together. MWAH!

    ReplyDelete

You look so pretty today.