Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Last Minute Sweets.

It's Christmas Eve!
 
Christmas Eve is a big day in my family and one of my very favorite days of the year (even though I always have to hand out gifts ;) ). This is the day of the year where ALL of us (and that's a ton of people) get together and share in years old traditions. For out-of-towners? We call them on the phone and pass the phone around for an hour (reminiscent of when we would call my late great-grandparents and pass around the cordless).
 
I have a huge family so as much as I'd like to, I can't afford to buy each person a cute gift. A few years ago I started a tradition of making sweets for everyone instead of buying a gift. Maybe you leave my sweets out for Santa (why does that sound dirty?) or maybe you inhale the chocolate the second you open it. I just like knowing I have something to show each family member how much I appreciate them.
 
In case you're thinking of doing the same but freakin' that you ran out of time? Here are some quick, last-minute dessert ideas you can package up with colored cellophane and a cute, hand-written gift tag. Plus, if you're a baker? You probably have all these ingredients in your pantry already!
 
 
 
 
I actually haven't finalized my sweet for 2013 yet! I will be sure to share when I do.
 
Have the coolest Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You look so pretty today.